Interior Design Project from Start to Finish
So, you were hoping that your 1970’s kitchen with the gold linoleum rolled floor and the gold or avocado green appliances would make a comeback much like bell bottom patched jeans and headbands…
Some of us would wait for the trends in clothes that you already did once, to pass, yet when the trends come back, they usually come back with a twist.
For example, when brass fixtures became passé, in came oil rubbed bronze, followed by chrome and brushed nickel. Then came stainless steel appliances. Now we are back to gold finish, but more muted and now can mix with chrome/stainless steel and black! All-white kitchens look great but now can add a twist of color with either a backsplash or another finish on the island. Same for countertops. You would also like to make it bigger, maybe reconfigure the layout…. what look do you want? Sleek contemporary with lacquered cabinetry or dark wood and light countertops or an all-white, kitchen with a Cobalt blue stove?
This is where a designer can come into play. They can help you with your selections from:
• Flooring: Hardwood, reclaimed, random width, tile, laminate, stained concrete just to
name a few…
• Cabinets (raised panel, recessed, beveled edge (how large of a bevel), weathered, painted, stained, full overlay…mutons, glass, what type of glass…and the list continues of choices)
• Hardware: Styles and finishes, gold, copper, oil rubbed bronze, pulls, handles, knobs, combination, sizes
• Countertops: Concrete, Quartz, Granite….
• Appliances: Wolff, Bertizoni GE, Subzero,
• Organization of interior of cabinets
• Lighting: Pendants/no Pendants, undermount, chandeliers, finishes
• Paint color
• Bar stools, dining tables, chairs, booths, window treatments, fabrics
Seems overwhelming? It can be. It’s a tremendous amount of detail. For us, it can be a lot of fun. What we enjoy is watching a project evolve into what our client wants and needs for their families. We also stay in constant contact with the contractor to make sure things are ordered in a timely manner to keep them moving forward. Almost all remodeling projects can run into small issues that you encounter when you are demoing because you are working within an existing space. However, you assess, adjust and move forward with the vision created with the client.
Let us help you with your next project. Our goal is to achieve what you want that reflects your taste. We never want a client to say “shoulda, woulda, coulda”. We want our clients to walk into their space with a smile.